Saturday, August 14, 2010

Do what you love, and you're a success...

Happy Saturday all :)

I got a late start this morning...too many nights this past week not getting enough sleep. So, in my inhaling caffeine and stumbling across various web pages to get myself motivated to write, I came across a page I'd bookmarked that I knew I'd want to come back to.

And wow, am I glad I did.

Click here to watch a 10-minute interview with award winning screenplay writer Paul Haggis.

Seriously. It's worth 10 minutes of your time. Even if you're not writing a screenplay.

He talks about the writing process, about always taking on projects that scare him, always taking on projects where the possibility of failure is high--because those are things that question the human condition and that's what he wants to attempt. I found it to be incredibly inspiring. No matter what you do for a living, it's worth 10 minutes to listen to the gems in this clip.

Elaine

2 comments:

fearofwriting said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm saving the Haggis video to have with *my* Saturday morning coffee :~)

It sounds like you might enjoy this short talk on creativity by Elizabeth Gilbert. Scroll down to the TED box:

http://elizabethgilbert.com

The Writers Canvas, Author Elaine Calloway said...

Thanks for the comment! Actually I found that Elizabeth Gilbert TED podcast by accident, but what an incredible find!

I really loved her book (the movie was okay too, but the book = so much better) and enjoyed her speech on TED too.

Thanks again,
Elaine