Sunday, April 22, 2012

A pseudonym for now, and other writerly things...

Good morning, world! A few changes are in the works, and I wanted to share them with you.

First, while I still intend to keep my web site, blog, and twitter as "writerscanvas" themed, I have chosen to take on a pseudonym. For now. The name I will be writing under and you will see on my profile is Elaine Calloway. 

Why, you ask?

Because I'm finally beginning to embrace the idea of indie publishing, and I may be posting some short stories or novels out on Smashwords, Amazon, etc. in the near future. If that happens, I want to have a pseudonym. Perhaps if I ever go with "the big 6" (meaning the 6 major publishing companies in NYC) then I will use my real name. For now, I like Elaine Calloway. Elaine is my first name, and Calloway is the street where my grandparents lived.

That, plus many of the other names I looked at already had websites, twitter accounts, and social media galore already out there. We must start fresh, right?

So those of you who know me by my real name, you'll start to see Elaine Calloway on my Internet profiles.

For those of you who don't know my last name, well, you'll still see Elaine Calloway on my Internet profiles!

Second, I will probably do some short stories first before I plunge into indie publishing my books. There are still some boutique publishers reading the full manuscripts of my current books, and I want to ensure I have seen those efforts through before hastening to post anything up on Amazon.

I do hope to blog more often, and I welcome questions or comments from y'all regarding which topics you'd like to see.

Have a happy Sunday and thanks!

Elaine Calloway


No comments: