Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Intelligence in Plot is Thrilling...

Happy Mid-Week, all!

Tonight I had the pleasure of seeing a wonderful film which intrigued and thrilled me all at the same time. It's called Flawless, starring Michael Caine and Demi Moore. Other famous actors are in the cast as well, but nobody I can name at this point.

The odd thing is, I never saw a commercial or preview for this movie. It's only playing at a few artsy film houses in Atlanta, a huge metro city known for its megaplexes. The only reason I even managed to catch this little gem was because I was meeting friends at the cafe next door, and I wanted to feature that cafe in a book scene I'm writing. So I figure hey, I'll see friends, have some nice food, refresh my memory on the cafe surroundings, see an artsy film, etc.

I was pleasantly surprised at how intelligent this film was. Some parts were slower than others, but I had chills down my neck, spine and feet when this was over. It was like seeing how a beautiful quilt is made up of strands of material, all woven together. I highly recommend you check it out if you get the chance.

My wish: for someone to write a screenplay like this one, but feature a main character as a writer. Most writer-roles are dysfunctional, maniacal, or not authentic. More on that tomorrow!

Meanwhile, check out the movie!

Click here to see when/where it might be playing near you.

Click here for the official site.


No comments: